Support

Support The Assaults through Sponsorship!

The caliber of The Assaults as one of the nation’s most beloved public cycling experiences provides incredible exposure opportunities for our sponsors and event partners. Together with our sponsors, The Freewheelers Cycling Association (FCA) invests more than $165,000 each year to ensure that The Assaults will be professional, safe and exciting for all.

Cyclist demographics 800 +/- cyclists participate in The Assaults each year. At our last reporting, thirty percent (30%) live within a 100-mile radius of Spartanburg, SC. The remaining seventy percent (70%) of our riders travel from outside the Western Carolinas to participate and support the local economy through hotel accommodations, restaurant reservations, and retail patronage during their stay. In previous rides, we’ve hosted cyclists from 41 different states and 5 different countries.

Marketing and promotion The 46th Annual Assaults will be supported and promoted by the following marketing and promotional plans:

  • A robust, mobile-optimized website with an average of 312 daily visits and more than 62,000 total visits since it launched in October 2015
  • Email marketing campaigns to past and present participants of The Assaults, including more than 20 e-mail communications sent to 2,000+ serious cyclists.
  • Integrated marketing to primary feeder cycling clubs across the United States
  • Social media campaigns on Facebook and Instagram, with posts that reach and engage up to 7,000 people during peak posting periods.
  • Press releases distributed locally, regionally and nationally, as well as editorial exposure through public/media relations
  • Cross promotion within our network of sponsors, and cycling clubs, retail, and event partners

Download the 2023 Sponsorship Packet now! We have opportunities to get involved at every budget level!

All sponsorships are cash-based unless otherwise noted. The Freewheelers Cycling Association is a Spartanburg, South Carolina-based 501(c)(3). Contributions to nonprofit organizations, which fall under the provision of section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. tax code, are normally tax deductible. 

If you have any questions specific to sponsorship, please contact Jamie Prince via email or by phone at (864) 979-0715.

By serving as a sponsor of The Assaults, you are not only making one of the nation’s most well-known cycling events possible, but you are also ensuring The Freewheelers Cycling Association (FCA) can continue its mission of providing bicycle safety and education programming to cyclists in the communities we serve and through the spectrum of nonprofit organizations we support.

Sponsorship and In-Kind Opportunities

Thank you to our 2023 Event Partners and Sponsors